10-14
We taught a lesson to some volunteers. I did great looking up scriptures because I got some tabs. We finished going through the 2 lessons and taught. For gym I did 500 jump ropes, ran 3 laps, sprinted 1, and walked 1. Then did 3 sets of 10 on leg press at 320 lbs. I've lost a pound since coming here. I've seen Aubrie, Jackson Lane, Nathan Fogth, Schiefer, MJ Roberts, and Chase Roberts. I've gotten 6 total packages. Back at the residence hall, I went to walk out the bedroom door and Elder Jorgensen scared me to death. I screamed and jumped into a karate kid stance and kicked him.
10-15
We cleaned the bathrooms today for service and I was the hose man! At lunch we had a fun argument laugh session mostly from making fun of me! We got a chat at the RC and I'm pretty sure this girl is going to be baptized.
10-16
We "taught" Sis. Stroud the Word of Wisdom. Then we took a district pic w/her. We did arms today for gym and I've gained 3 lbs. of muscle, I'm sure. I'm now 160 lbs. For Bro. W's class we taught him as himself! It was hard but was more like a discussion than a lesson. Then we learned how to address Bible bashing. I taught Elder Jorgensen and vise versa about faith! Later we did memorization.
10-17
So, Sis. Pratt subbed for Sis. Stroud today and guess what? Sis. Pratt's little sister, Lizzie Jensen, did Musical Theatre and I totally remember her! Then I did the teaching stuff w/Jorgensen again only we taught chastity, tithing, and baptism. We had a teaching appt. w/Hailey and Kelly, 2 volunteers, and we thought we were teaching them the law of tithing and 5 seconds before we knocked on the door we found out we had to teach the Word of Wisdom! So we had to wing it! Thank goodness we know how to invite the Spirit in and let Him teach through us! Cuz it actually went way good! Except they complemented us on our example and in response I said, "Sometimes we don't realize how great we are," trying to thank them, and everyone started laughing. After that, for class, we took a district pic w/Bro Wilding! And guess who I saw? (Actually, she saw me first.) Candace Shields! We shook hands and it was just way weird to see someone I knew that wasn't in the MTC.
Just thought I'd share some key points from my days for you to read! Elder Jorgensen's first name is Ben, not Adam. Sorry. I can totally see Blake in Texas! And Josh in Switzerland for that matter. My goose egg is going way down! I have soooo much food! I've gotten 8 packages and just got a slip for another one I have to pick up on Monday. I got the one from my friends!I'm excited to hear what Dad has to say about J. Golden and wish I could see the videos! I can't wait to get my pics and I know I won't get homesick! I got one from Ashlyn of me, her, Caleb, and Kimberly after we took down the volleyball stuff when I was up w/them. I won't get sick! Bummer about Libby, though! Swine flu can't be fun. How is Carson doing w/ it?
Love,
Elder Partridge
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment