Dear Family,
It takes a rather long time for these letters to arrive so you'll be confused for awhile until you get this.
Everyone in my district is going to SLC except Elders Boyce, Johnson, and Gardner, so I'm in good company, and there are even more going that I don't know/haven't met.
So yesterday, an Elder next door went home. Not sure why, but didn't ask. His 2 room mates left to go to their mission areas, so Elder Gardner and I moved to the room next door and added Elder Jorgenson to our companionship so he wouldn't be alone. (He is going to SLC). Anyway, we left Elders Boyce and Johnson as room mates and they now have some fresh newbies! One of which definitely needs to work on his humility (He talked back to me!) Can you believe that?! He doesn't know who he's dealing with! :) We always keep the AC cranked to the lowest temp. and it feels amazing, except when we wake up and it's still dark and the moon is shining bright.
Today we moved on to the 2nd lesson! I'm excited ! There's a place called the RC where we call people to see if they get what they ordered and share a message with them. Today I talked on a call with a man and he cried while I bore my testimony to him over the phone. It was really cool. Oh! and off the subject, I prayed 17 times yesterday, and I missed a couple of times! I saw Elder Scheifer! yesterday and today! We also went to the TRC where we practice-taught the first lesson to a volunteer posing as an investigator. We ended up kinda teaching backwards because we focused on only answering her questions. But then we evaluated ourselves and went back in! The first visit with her we committed her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and we got a return appointment. Then after the 10 minuted break we went back and kept answering questions and she asked how people join our church. I explained how Jesus set the example and by immersion. Then she was really interested and I asked her if she wanted to be baptized. We also did TEC where we did tracting with a teacher and was evaluated! We did that again later and worked on a return discussion.
Anyway, I love you!
Elder Partridge!
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment