Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Email from SLC

So I got out into the field and it's hard! yet extremely amazing! I must say, I love the Trax! Yesterday me and my new comp Elder Dyson (like the vacuum) met and ate lunch together at the mission office! I'm sad the Wilsons left yesterday! :( but it's ok! We did a lot of orientation stuff with the staff and had our interviews with Pres and Sis Sonne! I don't need my Hep A shot till I get home! yes! So baisically I learned that Pres. Monson lives right across the street from the mission home! it's kinda a big deal! Anyway, we get a car! but yesterday we only used it to get from the office to our appartment (a basement in a member's home). It's cool! Something IMPORTANT to remember!!!!! I love getting mail! I'm way too busy to write baisically at all except for P-Day! and even then the day is packed full of stuff to do! keep writing me but don't be too mad at me if it takes weeks or months to reply! I will do my best with the little free time I'm given! anyway, more about my comp! He just reached master finder, the highest of four levels in the mission; and he's only been out 3 months!!!! jk, He's been out 21-22 months! but at least I'm not killing him off! (HOLDEN). He's from Mesa too! He went to Dobson and graduated in 2005! He's old! He really knows his stuff! So last night we went out and worked There was a family really wanting to get baptized but haven't been to church enough and are moving to Sandy in a few days so we can't baptize them! Shucks! We have the ward trunk or treat coming up though and used that to contact a family of four! we're teaching them the first lesson on Friday! Pray for us and them to feel the Spirit! We also used it to contact a man named Loren and his daughter, out walking the dog! He's Catholic and isn't too interested in the church but is really excited for the trunk or treat! But I know the power of the Lord; and if the Lord has prepared him, He won't be able to deny baptism! We've been taught to build this mission into a Zion mission! Therefore we are rather bold and blunt about our purpose, but we're still respectfull of others! there is a definite result of this! Last night, we got a miracle phone call! A woman named Rene has been going to church since March and was going to be baptized in July but didn't feel ready yet! She's moving in 9 days and wants to be baptized before she has to leave! We are baptizing her on Oct. 31! Please pray for her to keep this commitment! I know that the Lord has planned all this out and we were told this would happen a lot in this mission! We will show up in church one Sunday and the Bishop will tell us somone wants to be baptized! The member help is amazing! We get a ton of referals! I'm serving in the Temple Zone and got to go to the Temple today! I've been born in the Rose Park North Area which is the north most part of the mission! It's known for being the most ghetto area! So I guess everywhere else in the mission is pretty amazing cuz it's not even ghetto! We also walked into this guy from New Guinne, Africa named Abu! He is a member and is living with some friends who aren't members in an apartment! Alas, they are just out of our area! Drat! but we are in an area where we will be able to do a lot of tracting; which Elder Dyson has had a ton of success by doing this in other areas! It's a less wealthy community with a lot of refugees from all over the world! They are an extremely humble people! I love downtown Salt Lake! It's sweet to be in! I guess I have a much better memory than Elder Dyson's other "Sons" he's trained! But I feel retarded because I get way lost and the grid is so easy in Utah! Everything just moves out from 0 N. 0E. which is baisically Temple Square! I haven't ran into any protestors hatin on the church yet! oh but we parked by this outdoor mall and took the trax at the planetarium stop! Is Clarks Planetarium the same one we've gone to a couple times!?! cuz that place is sweet! I found out we're allowed to watch basically any G rated movie on our mission! and stuff like Forever Strong! We're at the Library doing our E-mails! Elder Aguilar'a right in front of us with his comp! Anyway, I'm basically done! a lot has happened in one day between E-mails! haha! I don't know how I'll tell you everything! I'll just have to tell you about the big things that happen in the week! Please Please Please pray for our investigators to feel the Spirit and desire to change! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Partridge!

P.S. Thursday is our P-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment