Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 1, 2010 Email

Hey Everyone,
I’m really enjoying everything that's happening right now!
So we just got the bike back last night along with brand new really good helmets. The Carlisle's took it and got it all fixed up for us. They take such good care of us it's ridiculous. They're making sure we're looked after. We're excited to ride it around. Pres. Winn told Sis. Winn about it today at the breakfast and she said she'd have to come find us on it and get a picture for their blog. The other day there was a meeting for all the zone leaders and the assistants were talking about effectiveness in the mission and how every missionary in a walking area should have a bike. Then they said how there's one companionship where one Elder sees two of everything...so they got a tandem bike so they could be effective with their time, and all the zone leaders just laughed. haha I would have too. Any who, we got it from some members in the area. It was just sitting in their back yard rusting and they heard we were looking for one to use, so the talked to us at church about it and here we are.
I wish E. Willnauer would type for me every week. It would be so much faster and funnier. It always seems like that's the case, like my very first email in the MTC where Elder Gardner typed for me.
Good to hear about everyone back home and how they're doing. So Jackson and Ta'lia live in our stake? I would love to get a letter from him. haha That was funny, "Hudson is in a jungle eating rice and beans." I'm really glad he's loving it so much.
What's the special occasion for coming to UT? Labor Day? We don't have any big plans. Just doing the Lord's work and maybe going to a family barbeque with David Solomon and his family. We ran into him the other day on Saturday and got to talk with him and his mom for awhile. That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BYU opening game? Holy smokes I haven't heard anything about this. And I heard a rumor about BYU going independent, but I didn't hear it was official! Dad's leaving me hanging. That's a pretty big deal! Who are they playing for their first game?
That's cool K and L are going to go do baptisms for the dead for our peeps!
Quick story about just one of the miracles that have happened this week. On Saturday things started out good but just kept getting worse. I was realizing all the things I was doing wrong or wasn't doing and really beating myself up about it all day. On top of that and other stuff, the wind was blowing me around like a rag doll! It was so frustrating b/c I already lose my balance about every 5 steps anyway. But it was really frustrating today b/c I couldn't even take a step without getting off balance. Anyway, after all the trials that came up, we had a power evening in our area with the zone leaders where they both worked in our area while we were on exchanges, and during this time we had a lesson with Tavia. It was the first time meeting with her in a week and a half b/c she went with a friend to Florida to help her move. So we're planning on just going through a couple of chapters in the Book of Mormon with her like normal b/c this is her first time really having anything to do with the church. Besides this, it was chasing the missionaries away with a baseball bat. So we got there and the first thing she does is tells us about how while in Florida she did service with the church and felt amazing and now wants to be baptized this weekend. So she's getting baptized this weekend. MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!
There is going to be some new material on the Winn’s Blog soon... we went over to the mission home today as a reward for our zone meeting/exceeding our goal for August. We had a study with Pres. Winn about agency, (2 Nephi Chapter 2) and ate breakfast with Pres. and Sis. Winn, so there will be some photos of me coming up soon.
I’ve got to go now. Sorry about such short notice!
Love you so much! ttyl

Elder Partridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment