Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 25, 2010 Email (This one's pretty funny!)

Hey Fam.
That's cool that Kayla's back! Kinda a big deal! Did I miss a welcome home party?
My Birthday was pretty legit! On Saturday we had a little district lunch to celebrate! We just brought our own lunches and sat out on the lawn picnic style, and I brought my presents and opened them. It was such a big deal that even one of the assistants came to celebrate. (ok so he was just there with the zone leaders, but it makes me feel cooler! haha). Then on Sunday we had a lot of church and 3 lessons that fell through, but I was still happy anyway, and for the grand finale-the fireside. It was really cool despite all the things that fell through. And I gave a great 5 min. talk about enduring to the end. It was totally led by the spirit because I still didn't know how I was going to put all my ideas together when I got up there to talk. Pres. Winn was the speaker right after me and he referred back to my talk 3 times. I felt very shocked and happy! Oh, and after Center ward (Carlisle's ward) I was talking with Bro. Stokes (Ward Mission Leader-from Australia-cool) and Sis Carlisle came up to me and just stood there with a really excited look on her face and I could see a hug coming on so I put my arms out and said no and I thought I was ok till she gave me a hug anyway and a kiss on the cheek in front of everyone. Bro. Stokes just laughed and said he's gonna have to call home and let you know I've been kissing all the ward ladies. haha Then when he left he wished me a happy birthday and said, "but I'm not gonna kiss ya." haha
I love knowing I'm loved and people are thinking about me! I got the pics just fine! It was awesome! I don't get a lot of free time to do much, but I like getting letters from everyone. So you can send however many of the emails and blog entries you want from the guys and I'll read whatever I can.
That's kinda a bummer about the line of authority. Thanks for trying though. haha I knew you'd like Pres. & Sis Winn’s blog! (*There are some pics of Elder Partridge and a couple of videos of him singing!) haha I'll have to remember that she calls the basement the bat cave during transfers so I can give her a hard time about it.
So we haven't contacted Eliza yet (the Sudanese woman who wants to get baptized) because she's been sick a lot cause she's pregnant. But that will come. We're still teaching Zac (the kid from England) and that's going great. On Monday we taught about the 10 commandments using the hand signals and also the Word of Wisdom and the law of Chastity. It's pretty sweet! We're still teaching Fred (the man from New Orleans). He has a tooth that needs to get pulled and so it's hard to meet with him, but it's still easier to meet him now than before just because he told us how much he appreciates how we listen to him and don't just try to preach to him. He said, "I've been Baptist for 52 years I know a little somethin' somethin' about the Bible" He sees us as his friends; not in the sense that we go over to hang out or anything but because we actually listen to him and try to help him out. I haven't found out about the temple yet for Charles and Moe, but I definitely will! Only 6 more months till they go through!
So after the fireside on Sunday during refreshments I saw some people I haven't seen in a while from the North Stake. I saw Bro. Skipps from the 7th ward bishopric and he said he didn't know I could sing like that and than told me I could sing at his funeral! haha He's a clown! I also saw Bro. Erskine (the high council man over missionary work in the North stake.) He said he misses me but the work goes on.
Awesome about Caleb and Joe's farewells. Let me know how well they went.
I want to come over and learn how to make crepes too!!!

Hi Mom this is Elder Willnauer. I'm typing for your son. I'm very hungry and he is a very slow typer. I blame the doctors.
So let’s see, on Friday we were going to an appointment with some people we found the day before. They ended up not being home. But on the way back a man came up to us named Israel and he wanted to know the address to the church building and what time it started. We got to talking like missionaries do and it turns out he was baptized in 2002 (I just made a rhyme haha) Ok, um, so on Saturday we went over and met with him and his girlfriend, Rhonda. We taught her and 2 of her sons and they've accepted a baptismal date for Sept. 18!!! It's pretty cool how the Lord will bring people to you if you're doing what you're supposed to.
On Thursday we had 24 hour exchanges with our zone leaders where we go on exchanges all day. It just so happens that there was record breaking rain fall that day. And guess who was out in it... ME!!! Yaaa! When it 1st started we were able to get into the church building. Then the other Elders came and wanted to know if we needed a ride. They sounded a little reluctant to give us a ride and we thought we couldn't get any wetter, so we decided to walk to lunch. We went out into the rain like men, and about half way across the church lawn we were completely drenched as if we jumped into a pool with everything on. We quickly realized this was a bad idea and ran under the roof of the church building like little girls. So for lunch we went to Elder Doucette and Willnauers (that’s me!) apartment and threw ALL our clothes in the dryer. Just one of those fun experiences.
So yesterday we got a tandem bike. So I've accomplished one more goal that I've set for my mission. The funnest part was probably seeing cars go past us not too quickly and being able to see their face as they looked at us and laughed at us…I mean with us. Hah, But it wasn't all fun and games. With only 10 minutes left to get home we rushed on our bike and the chain fell off. So using my bike fixing skills, I tried to put it back on and failed. Not to mention we blew our back tire. But we were gonna be late! So... I... man'd up and jumped on and I peddled us 4 blocks while Elder Casey steered, all with a blown back tire. Awesome!
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Elder Partridge aka B aka The BizzNap. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment