Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15, 2010 Email

Hey,

So first cool story would have to be about Rhonda and Israel and their family! So when we first started teaching them they were all for getting married and everything was going amazing. But then a little over a week ago they talked about it more and Satan put a lot of fear into their hearts (cuz he's a punk like that). So the first thing we did was went to the Chapel and said a prayer for Heavenly Father to bless them and take away their fears and lead us in what to do to help them. So we taught about marriage more and took them to the temple exhibit at Temple Square and everything else that we could think of, but their fear and concerns stayed with them.

Then on Sunday we went over and went through the baptismal interview questions and talked with Rhonda to try to draw out her concern. The more we talked the more she brought out and we answered all her concerns; and finally we got to her root concern and helped her over come that! and when I say we I mean the Holy Ghost b/c it definitely wasn't me or Elder Casey doing anything! We just got to be the vessel for the Spirit at that time. So on Monday we went down with them and got the marriage license, then yesterday they got married, and E. Casey and I got to be the witnesses! Cool! They get interviewed tonight and are getting baptized on Sat. at 12:00.

Good deal about Conference. We might end up sitting with you somewhere for a session or two if we can't get more tickets. We have 3 sessions worth right now! So we'll be in touch about that in the coming weeks!

Yes, next week is transfers!
Sounds like a plan with the tandem. I will talk to the people that are letting us barrow it, and let you know. hahahahahahah Thanks for the advice about kids and mission presidents. I believe it since I am your second child. :)

(This was in reference to him getting a new mission president. I told him it's kind of like having children and after your first you don't think you could possibly love another one as much, but then you do!)

Hi. I am Elder Thomas (typing for your son) I'm the one that is picking Elder Partridge up and throwing him on Sis. Winn's blog!! hahah. Hope that's alright with you.

E. Partridge: He is the best!!! Hope you liked the package, I will try to send more pictures.

E. Thomas: Elder Doucette didn't write a letter to my parents! Not fair.

Elder Partridge: I'm really not that great, I don't know what E. Doucette is talking about.

Wow, L's birthday sounds like a lot of fun. She is popular. I totally forgot until halfway through the day.

You are amazing and I am so glad you are my mom! No, I am truly blessed!

Elder Thomas: I love you!!!!;) and Elder Partridge i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment