Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Letter from the DL

The following is a bit of a letter sent to us from E Partridge's District Leader. ( A District Leader is one of the missionaries that is responsible for a few of the companionships in the area he's serving in.)

Brother and Sister Partridge,
My name is Elder Doucette and I'm serving in the UT SLC Mission. I'm actually your son, Elder Partridge's, District Leader right now which is pretty sweet! OK, not the DL part...but serving with your son is the pretty sweet part. Let me just say that Elder Partridge is pretty much one of my favorite Elders here! Always working hard and always has a good attitude for the work, even when his area or companion may be a struggle for a bit. All of the members and investigators alike love him and when I'm helping in their area, I hear that a lot, which is good! I had the opportunity to attend a baptism with him in his last area and everyone there was really glad to see him and told him what a great missionary he is! And it's true! He is!
I hope this letter brings a smile. I'm glad to know your son and serve here with him! Thanks for letting him come! Take care! :)
From,
Elder Doucette

It was a nice surprise to receive this and it definitely did bring a smile to our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment