Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 4, 2010 Email

Hello Puppet! (Pirates of the Caribbean).
Dad got a Facebook! Man, never saw that one coming. I never thought he could be that popular. haha just kidding!
"Called to Serve" SLC Mission style just has some extra fun parts in it. It's on the Winn's blog. I'll have to get it to you so you can follow it.
The balance board would be good, but I changed my mind about it because there's no way I'd be able to do it in the mornings and that's the only time I'd be able to do it without wasting the Lord's time, so we'll see about when I get home.
I did get the picture dad sent of us doing the model pose for family pics. We look pretty good up above the mantel for August for our birthdays. I really don't even know what I want for my birthday. I'm set as far as food goes and I really don't feel like I need anything else. Maybe one more short sleeved shirt since it's summer, but nothing in particular that I can think of. I think dad will love an iPod for his birthday. I love listening to talks especially because I'm not a quick reader and do better at remembering when I hear things anyway. It's really fun to listen to conference over and over too, and catch so many things I missed and/or forgot. The most enlightening talk I think I've listened to so far is Bruce R. McConkie- The Seven Deadly Heresies. It puts a lot of things really straight forward.
I can't believe I'm almost 20 either. I'm not old enough or mature enough…maybe.
I was able to go to the dentist and get a filling for quite a large cavity, almost good enough to be root canal status. Thank goodness I got it done, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I have to pray that my tooth takes to the filling and that the root doesn't die on me, but so far it's going great… no pain at all. On the way to the dentist we drove right by Moki's and In-n-Out and didn't stop at either of them to eat because they were in the UT South Mission. Oh well. In-n-Out is coming to West Valley in August, and I guess I can wait another fourteen months for Moki’s. The numbing was fun though. We went and taught a lesson afterward and half of my tongue and face were numb--and it was my good side--so it made it that much funnier.
Good luck on your fun tooth adventures L! I know you'll do better than I did with my wisdom teeth!
I'm glad Brittany got married to a great guy! I love her, too! She's pretty awesome. Weird that everyone's getting married in general, but fun times! I'm going to stay focused on my mission so I can find the people I'm supposed to. I know they're here, but we aren't finding them for whatever reason.
It's pretty insane that conference is only 2 months away from now. It is going by sooooooooo fast it's ridiculous! I'm excited for conference to be here again though.
Things are going good! And fast. Only one more week till transfers. I get a hunch that I'll be staying in the area, but most times I get a hunch they're totally wrong anyway.
I bet Kayla is very excited to come home after being away for so long, and I bet L is going to miss being the only child when Kayla gets home. haha
That's exciting for Rebecca Crowe, and for you to be invited to go through the temple with her. I'm excited to get to know their family more when I get home.
No worries about remembering everyone who asks about me. I'm sure there are a lot; at least I hope there are a lot! :)
I'm looking forward to reading the boys last week’s letters. Thanks for sending them and thanks to Sis. Udall for putting them together.
We got to go to the Temple and Bro. Mansell was one of the people doing the session. (He's from my last area and we taught Megan Franz in his home). It was cool to see him and we talked a little afterward! We ate at Blue Lemon across the street and as we were leaving he was going in!
That would be sweet if Kayla dropped a box off when she’s in town!
Anywho, love you tons!
Elder B

No comments:

Post a Comment