Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 18, 2010 Email

Hey family,
I'm way sorry about not getting back to email last week. We had to help move some furniture into our apartment, but I did get the package you sent. I opened the presents that you said to open now, but I'm waiting till Saturday to open the rest. I will miss the crepe breakfast, but ya. haha Sorry about the batter experience with the blender. That’s no fun, but a good trial for patience. “Come what may and love it.”
Sounds like some sweet stuff going on with school and open house etc. Lots of people asked about me; wow. I feel special.
We got some furniture, nothing special, but at least it's a place to put my clothes and what not. We're on the bottom floor, so half way under ground. Garret Shields doesn't live in my last area, but that would be sweet if I got to serve in his stake and we could go on splits. haha Could you imagine how nuts that would be? I'm still in the same area as before with the Carlisle’s and everyone else. I just moved apartments because they closed one down. I don't have a car still, but I am really working to find a tandem bike because we live in a really inconvenient spot; on the opposite end of the stake about 4 blocks out of our area, so we end up wasting time sometimes just because it takes a while to walk.
I was reading Caleb's letter 8 email today and was wondering if there was any update or progress on my line of authority? I was also thinking about something that I like the best in packages and letters and I was wondering if you could send more pics of fun random things you do. It was awesome to get pics in the envelope you just sent.
So sweet about Colton’s call! I am a little jealous, I admit.
My comp is Elder Casey. He's from Georgia in the Atlanta area. I don't know too much about him, but he can eat a lot like me, so I hope we don't eat people out of house and home. haha We're gonna get screens on our windows finally in the next couple days.
On Sunday we were at our apartment for lunch and we got a phone call from a member down in Sandy who used to work with the Sudanese people as an inner city missionary. He told us about a woman that lives in our area that they've been working with and she wants to get baptized. Pretty great miracle. We're going to add her next week because she's sick right now.
We're also teaching a kid from England right now who's on summer vacation here visiting his uncle and auntie. We've been teaching him for a couple weeks now and he wants to get baptized when he gets back in England around his family and friends. So this last lesson we had with him-2 days ago-he said the closing prayer and asked for help learning so he can be ready for when he goes back to get baptized in England. When he said that, I just smiled and felt so good.
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! Coolest thing this week; I saw Charles and Moe Tuigamala! I was on exchanges with Elder Doucette-our DL-and they drove by and I didn't see it was them. So then they flip around and drove up along side of us and I was thinking it was probably some one else wondering what E. Doucette was doing back in the area. Then he said "hey," and I saw it was them and I ran over to their car and gave the most excited hand shake in my life. They live right on the border of my area and my old area now. He gave me his new phone number and said to give him a call. They were almost as excited as I was. I'm gonna have to see when they are going through the temple so I can go with them.
I really hope we get more referrals because that's where you get solid people.
I'm glad my birthday's on Sunday so I won't be tempted to waste time, because Sunday will be a full day. We've got a fireside that night that I get to speak in and sing a couple of musical numbers with other missionaries. Saturday we're having a zone lunch in honor of my birthday. They're so nice to me.
Wow you spoil me so much. I love it. Thanks a ton. As far as stuff for the other box: I could use some more mac and cheese (we used 2 boxes yesterday at a lunch with E Doucette and E Willnauer). Oh, and a pack of Poore Brothers potato chips. I miss those. Even though we didn't get them that much they don't have them here and they're really good. Other than that whatever you want to put in it. It's funny because you always end up putting the best stuff in them.
You guys are such a great example for me, too.
Love you more,
Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment