Hi!
It was pretty sweet to be able to see Brandon before I left the area! It totally reminded me of going to Grandma’s or to Aunt Floss's when we had an otter pop.
We had a baptism on Saturday-Lily. We went and it was really great, especially b/c of our musical number! We arranged A VERSION of “I Need Thee Every Hour”! Elder Hunt played the guitar and we sang and I had a couple of solos! I recorded it on my ipod when we were practicing before, but I wish I would have gotten the actual one at the baptism b/c it was nearly flawless! which was definitely not us alone! Totally the Lord helping us out on that one b/c we found out Tues. that we were doing one, then Wed. night we got the guitar, Thurs. we started messing around with it and practicing and Friday we totally changed everything! so it was barely finished by Sat @ 4:00 for the baptism! And to make things crazier, we got so excited that when we left, we forgot the hymns made simple book that has the chord progression on it! So when we got there we scrambled to find the right chords and when they were in the song, etc. and I was really nervous about it! A little like I felt before role-playing a lesson to Elder Oaks! As soon as the first notes came out of my golden pipes I felt extremely calm! I've definitely been blessed with a gift! Same with Elder Hunt! He said he felt way nervous right until we sat down! Sweet! And afterwards everyone came up to us and told us how amazing it was!
Mike's baptism was on Sunday-Father's Day! And what a Fathers Day! Elder Hunt and I filled up the font for 2 1/2 hrs before the baptism and we had the guitar there to keep us busy! We arranged a version of “How Great Thou Art”, and yes I recorded that one, too! (We should totally make a CD!) Mike Fenton performed the baptism and Brian Heart did the confirmation! We forgot to grab the right movie to play for when they were getting changed right after the baptism, so instead, we did our musical number! and it was really good again! and there was totally an after party!
It was so weird to see Bro. Finlinson in the Temple last week! He said hi to me and I was thinking “I know you from somewhere”, but then when he said who he was it all clicked!
Our poor family! Aren't we so lucky that the Lord sees us as a strong enough family to heap all these trials on!? K’s leg must feel so bad! I can only imagine how much that must hurt! I'm really glad she is getting better now though! I hope she won’t have to come home early! I'm just glad that I'm not left out of everything. I'm going to have a fun time overcoming the challenges that beset me this transfer! It is true, Elder Hunt and I were a good match, but no longer! For I am now BACK, yes, back in Rose Park! And it seems for an indefinite period of time! I'm serving in the stake just South of my first area! Yahoo! (A little sarcasm and a little legit excitement)! This transfer will be for 7 weeks because the last one was for 5 because of Pres. Wynn coming into the mission and Pres. and Sis. Sonne going home! I saw Bro. Cutrer and Kalvin Dille yesterday while walking down the street my first day in the area! They were coming back from Kalvin getting his Patriachal Blessing! It's pretty amazing to see that Kalvin is doing so well! Elder Piefer (who has been serving there since I left) said he comes to church every week! That's sweet!~
Anywho, glad to hear things are improving with K and hope things get figured out with L! I love dad TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's amazing! And I love you too, mom! You're just as great!
Love,
Elder Partridge
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment