Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010 Email

Hello everyone!
We had a baptism this last weekend and it was amazing of course! I love having baptisms! It's the best feeling that I feel on the mission b/c the Spirit is so strong and I feel great knowing that I'm helping people on my mission! It feels so good and really I can't describe it! It's awesome! I'm just starting to learn Samoan! (even though I've been covering the Samoan Ward for 5 months now). I know how to say Hello- Talofa, Goodbye- Tofa, Good- Lelei, Tomorrow- Taeao, Thank you very much- Fa'Afetai Tele, How are you- O A Mai Oe, and I'm gonna punch your eye- Pote lo Mata! haha We have at least 2 more baptisms in March and probably will end up with more! Things are going really well in the area! I totally fell through the blinds the other day though when I first woke up (b/c my balance is still off from my surgery and what not). It was kinda ridiculous! Elder Peer is really fascinated with my face though! He's always asking me questions about it and talking about how it'll be crazy when it heals and I look normal! or what it will be like when we'll be teaching someone and all of a sudden the nerves will touch again and my face will spasm or something and our investigator will be like "what the heck!' That made me laugh pretty hard when we were talking about that last week! BTW, it's good to hear that the missionaries in Chile are ok! It kinda scared me for a sec b/c my cousin (Elder Sirrine) is serving there right now! But I heard everything's cool there, just very chaotic! Anyway I gtg but it's sweet to be on a mission and it's cool to hear about everyone else opening their mission calls and finding out where they will be serving! I just wish everyone could come to this mission b/c it's the best!
Love hearing about what's going on, and love you!
Love Elder Partridge!
PS- I typed this whole letter with both my hands! It's kinda a big deal!

*For those who may not know, after Elder B's surgery, he has had limited use of his left hand--mainly fine motor skills. For example, it can take 5-10 minutes to button a button on the cuff of his shirt. So when he says "I typed the whole letter with both my hands!", it is a REALLY big deal! Go Elder B!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment