Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010 Email

Dear Everyone! Hello!
It's been a little while since I've last spoken. I'm doing great! Hope everything's OK everywhere else cuz I wouldn't know! haha We had a baptism last weekend that went amazing! Monique (the woman that was baptized) was so prepared! She didn't know anything about the gospel before we got there and within 2 weeks she knew everything we taught! Those are my favorite! People that God has prepared before we get there and all we do is teach and testify of the truth and they understand and accept! We have someone that we are working with right now named Gene that is prepared and is ready to be baptized! His only thing holding him back is smoking! He is striving really hard to stop smoking so that he can be baptized this weekend! He has been going to church for over a year because his wife, who is a member of the church, wanted to start going again! The craziest part though is that his wife has been in and out of the hospital for about 11 months and Gene has never stopped coming to church! He goes every week! We are also teaching a man named Charles! He's a member of the Samoan Ward! He just married a member of the church and moved here from Seattle, Washington! He's another person that is just prepared to receive the gospel in his life! It's these people that make missionary work extremely enjoyable! It's not always easy, but it is always worth it! How true that is! The other day we gave talks in a ward and thank goodness Elder Peer spoke first! He ended up taking 25 min and all I had to do was bear my testimony! I was glad because that day was the day we changed our clocks b/c of daylight savings! So we changed our clocks the night before and went to bed. The only problem was that we changed it one hour the wrong way! So when we finally woke up, we had ended up sleeping in for 2 hours! Completely unintentionally! haha I'm still getting used to that aspect of living in Utah. Obviously! haha I'm just happy that I only have to worry about it 3 more times on my mission! haha! Please write me a letter and tell me something funny that happened to you b/c it's probably a lot funnier than my "funny" stories! haha
Take luck! and enjoy...?
Love, Elder Partridge!
PS I can't wait for conference
-Let me know if you're coming up for conference! cuz ya; I'll be there!

WRITE TO ME!
Elder D. Brantley Partridge
Utah Salt Lake City Mission
3487 S. 1300 E. West Entrance
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

No comments:

Post a Comment