Hey Family!
Here's a little of what happened this week! (besides what I wrote in the email).
Friday- Oct. 23--I'm out of shape! We drove an Elder to the hospital for an appointment because we have a car and he and his comp don't! He's a Spanish speaking missionary in our area from Canada. We tried to read scriptures in the waiting room for study, but it was hard because the health channel was on in the corner right by us and there were some fun things it would talk about sometimes that we couldn't help but watch! It was annoying, yet funny!
For dinner we had a good orange chicken at a member's house. He went to Japan on his mission. We had a bundt-chocolaty chocolate goodness and mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert! Renee got a job at Sizzler! We went to the Bishop's house and talked to him, then back out to work again. We work so hard!
Saturday-Oct. 24--"We slept in!!!"-Home Alone! Really we totally did on accident! We got out in time (sacrificing breakfast and our workout to start studying in time) and we stopped by a boy named Miguel who just got a job on Sundays! Dang! It doesn't seem like it will go anywhere, but I'm hoping it will! We taught our first lesson with a kid named Michael who's 19 and doesn't seem too excited to be learning about what we're teaching! He's not very committed. We stopped by Emmanuel's and he wasn't home, but a ton of kids came to the door! We taught a girl named Lanae! She's Samoan and from Window Rock, AZ. She's like 17! She's living with some friends of the family! Later that night, we stopped by the Dickerson's. A very nice family who's LDS except the father! (This is where I saw BYU vs. TCU). They'll be at the trunk or treat on Wednesday!
Sunday-October 25--We role played to Jerry and Harry Today! I went to 3 Sacrament Meetings which weren't long at all like I thought they'd seem! In one Ward, it was their Primary Program! For dinner, I had my first roast dinner! mmmm...it was a good one! It was a way cold night! My nose, ears, and fingers stung so bad from how cold it was! It was a very discouraging night because it was so cold! All I could think about was going back to my nice warm bed!...Sob story! Suck it up!
Monday-Oct. 26--It was a short night's sleep! :/ Today we had our Zone meeting! The goal is 20 new people on date by this weekend and 38 baptisms in the area for November. What we were taught/what we learned, was that as we prove ourselves this month(throughout my mission) the Lord will trust us and place people in our path! I need to learn how to tell people what I need to the way I think it because it sounds really bad when I talk to people! (That's why you just have the Spirit with you all the time and He'll tell you what you need to say! Tonight was the really discouraging night when all our appts. dogged us!
Tuesday-Oct 27--First snow fall in the mission field and we went contacting in it! I actually enjoyed it a lot when the big part of the storm came through and it snowed a ton with huge flakes! I like it more because during that time, it actually feels warmer than when it's not snowing. Then came the amazing experience with Emmanuel! Also, that night, we taught a Sis. McDonald whose son is on a mission in Columbia, but she's not a member! She's ready and willing to be baptized as soon as she gains a testimony for herself of the Book of Mormon.
Cool! Well, I hope to hear from you next week so I can talk more with what you're all up to! Keep me posted!
Love you tons!
Love,
Elder Partridge
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment