Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 17 Letter

Dear Fam!
A little about the week!
Nov. 4-Wed. I don't know if I said this before, but today we got a breakfast and training from Pre. & Sis. Sonne as a reward for our zone putting 20 new people on date for baptism. The training was about mercy, justice, the atonement, and parenting! I also went to Deseret Industries at welfare square today. There's a family we're teaching that I'm going to write Kayla about and ask her to let you know when she gets it! It's really cool though! Be excited!
Nov. 5-Thurs. Tonight we went on exchanges with the DL! I went into their area with Elder Houk (The DL's comp) while DL Elder Hancock came to our area with Elder Dyson. Elder Houk is an insane driver! I've driven 10 times better than how he did with my double vision! I was scared for my life!
Nov. 6-Fri Today we met with a family that I'm writing Kayla about also! A different one! By-the-way, I'm not writing her about them and not you because I love her more, but because she'll think it's way cool and can relate! I'll hint! The man's name is Ali Muhammad! So ya, ask her about him when she gets the letter in about a week. Tonight was really hard! All our appointments dogged us so we ended up walking about 15-20 blocks in a big circle because we parked and walked to save miles! But no one was home! A dog totally slobbered on my head! It was disgusting!
Nov. 7-Sat. Today I drove!...A lawn mower! Don't think that's allowed though? oops! Only thought of that afterwards! We ended up doing a ton of service today instead of teaching the people like we'd planned! We totally lost our phone, so we checked everywhere we'd been, said a prayer and were prompted again to go look in this one spot in front of one of our investigator's homes and we were kicking through the leaves and feeling around because it was night and a man next door came out and asked if we were looking for our phone! He had it and gave it to us and we talked with him and he's not a member! That was such a faith building experience!
Ok, I'm just going to talk about this family that I'm going to write Kayla about cause I can't stand it! They're from Tonga! Her name is Ofa and her brother's name is Nua and they're from Cali and just moved here a month ago and actually, they were born in Mesa! Cool! Their grandfather is the minister for the Free Church of Tonga! Our appointment fell through with them today, but half an hour later, like 2 blocks away from where they live, they pulled over and gave us hot chocolate because they felt bad and wanted to let us know the original time we set up for the next lesson wouldn't work and we rescheduled! It showed a lot of integrity!
Nov. 8-Sun-We spoke in church today! Yay! and we went to the Samoan Ward! Not gonna lie, it was sweet! But only one of our investigators came to church today! :( and she's not even on date!
Nov. 9-Mon. Zone meeting was really good today! I learned/realized we can ask God as missionaries to give our investigators a witness right there! We went on exchanges again with the DL and this time, I was with Elder Hancock in our area! We taught Emmanuel, which went well, but Suzanne was gone! :( Then we went to Ofa and Nua's and their other sister and her son to teach them a little! Actually, we learned that the sister is already a member and her mom's family is very active, but her dad's side is the Church of Tonga! They're sweet! I'm sad though because we gave them to the Tongan Elders to teach! But I know it'll be better because the Tongan Elders know more about the culture and the Tongan Ward will be amazing to fellowship them! Then we-all 4 of us-went to a lesson with Theresa who's getting baptized on the 2! Yay!!!

Nov. 10-Tues. Tonight we ate with some members at a Chinese buffet! I tried octopus! We also taught Patty McDonald tonight and had Stake Correlation with the Ward Mission Leaders!
Love y'all!
Love,
Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment