Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25 Email

Dear todos las personas importantes!
So we've come up with a scale to see how funny I think things are! if I chuckle, it's a 1; if I laugh, it's a 2; if I repeat what they said and laugh, it's a 3; and if I just laugh, it's a 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 depending on how funny I really think it is! so every time I say something that they said and I thought was funny they say, "You thought that was funny!" haha
So I've been having a bunch of weird dreams with people from back home in them! crazy!
I had my first baptism on Sat.! yay! kinda! she got baptized but we did nothing to teach her or anything! she was taught by the last elders and got swine flu and then got over the flu and we were here! so we baptized her! but also it's not a full baptism yet b/c she hasn't been confirmed yet! so IDK what's going on really! I'm kinda trippin'!
We also went to a welcome home of a Tongan missionary who just got back from the Phillipines 2 days ago! His sister isn't a member of the church and so we went to meet her but she didn't come; so of course we had to eat because they were having a fatty feast! so Elder Dyson and I were led to a table and literally after we sat down, 5 min later there were 8-yes 8-girls our age sitting at the table with us flirting with us! I felt so awkward b/c we're not supposed to flirt with girls #1 and I Haven't flirted with a girl for a long time!
I also received my first cut on my knuckles from tracting! they told me I wouldn't need to tract that much in Salt Lake! But apperently they've never been to Rose Park! They lied to me!
Time for the Spiritual event of the week! YAY!!!We're teaching a 16 year old girl named Lanea who is a Jr. in High School! We've been meeting with her for about 4-5 weeks now, and she's been praying and reading like we've asked her to! and in our most recent lesson with her she prayed with us to know if she should be baptized on Dec. 5 - b/c that's the day Elder Dyson and I both thought of after praying about it - and she recieved a witness from the Holy Ghost that she should be baptized that day! And she talked to her aunt about it and her aunt is very supportive of her being baptized even though her aunt isn't a member of the church either!
The End (for this week)! Have a blast of a week and remember, the Church is true!Love you all and you're kindof a big deal! remember that!
Love Elder Partridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment