Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4, 2011 Email

From the crossroads of the west,

"This is the 91st weekly general letter to the people who want to hear about what's going on in Salt Lake with me."

Gooooood morning Zion; this is your host, Zion Elder Partridge coming to you live from the Granger East Stake in West Valley City, UT. Looks like things were a little wet this past weekend with baptisms. We had the baptism of Teresa Avila. She just barely turned 9 and their family just moved into the stake a couple weeks ago and became active. She was baptized at the stake baptism by her uncle. We showed them the tea bag related to the gospel and they were ecstatic!

We got a referral this last week for Mone'sha and so we called her and left a message. She called back at 3:45 am; yes in the morning, and left a message that she was in Wendover and wanted a ride. Then later she sent us a text and told us she was going to be baptized LDS. So we gave her a call and talked to her, and this is the cool part. Guess how we got the referral...On her way over here from California she stopped by the one and only Cove Fort! I was like, "oh, I know that place! They give you pioneer toys and obsidian to play with on 12 hour car rides from UT to AZ!" haha So hopefully we'll get hold of her soon to teach her.

They've made air-born fireworks legal here and people are lighting them off all night. Literally! It's ridiculous! I am doing great! We are going to the movies tonight as a mission. It's "17 Miracles", and then T.C. Christensen, the director, is going to speak to us. Pretty big deal! It'll be fun. I'll take pics.

I'll be praying for L! And everyone else, too! Thanks for the update.

Love you tons. I need to let another missionary e-mail now.

Love,
Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment