Buenos tardes,
We worked our tails off this week. Literally, there they go. Oh well; you know how it goes. It seems that it will be worth it. We went to the movies on the fourth of July. Como? Ya! We saw "17 Miracles" by TC Christensen (the same guy who did Forever Strong-Kia haha- and the Joseph Smith Movie, etc). What an amazing film! Full of miracles. And another cool thing is that "Albert" is in one of the wards I'm covering. It was so cool to see him and look at Elder Green and we both were like, "I know him!" He's such a great part in the movie, too. It was such a big deal too because TC Christensen came and talked to us after the film. Big deal! It reminded me of when Mark Mabry did the fireside and talked about different miracles behind the pictures; likewise, he shared some of the symbolism and miracles they saw shooting the film.
On the drive home we got off the freeway on Bangerter at a spot where you can see the whole valley, and there were fireworks everywhere shooting up! It was insane! Then while driving through the neighborhoods, there were fireworks lining both sides of the street exploding over our heads! It felt more like a war zone than anything else! Crazy cool!
It's official! I'm getting transferred to another area! I'm going to be a DL again! I'm so stoked to be hands on with the missionaries I'll be looking over! President just barely gave me the call and told me that it's a great area I'm getting called to! I am stoked!
Anywho, the Spanish Elders in our stake just baptized a lady named Rosio that we found a couple weeks ago. Well, more like she found herself and we were able to point her in the right direction. She came to church by herself for the first time 4 weeks ago, and no one knew about it. We were at another ward and we didn't hear anything from members. Then she came again the next week and one of our ward mission leaders got ahold of her and got her information and gave it to us. So we went by that evening and talked to her and put her on date! She said, "I want to make this covenant with God!" I don't know how much more solid and prepared someone can be! She smoked, but as soon as we mentioned that she will have to quit in order to be baptized she quit. It is incredible to see how determined this hermana (sister) is to following our Lord and Savior in everything she does.
We had an amazing miracle this morning! Kinda silly, but we were definitely blessed. We were out of gas last night. Straight up out of gas, and we didn't know it till this morning when we went around the corner to fill up. We put 16.447 gallons into our tank; and I'm pretty sure it's oly a 15 gallon tank. So we weren't just empty, we were running dry.
Well this is where I leave you because duty calls; we are going to get a couple married! Felicidades!
Con amor,
Elder Partridge!
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment