Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011 Email

Hello People,

It's pretty crazy how long I've been a missionary. But I have only been out 17 months so far! Don't cut me short! haha

So Salena's baptism went pretty fantastic. It has been the first baptism in both my mission and in Elder Aguilar's mission that has started exactly on time with everything ready to go. And we've been privileged to be a part of quite a few baptisms so far. But we didn't have to do a thing for it. The Young Women's President took care of everything, and the Young Women did everything. (Except for the actual baptizing of course). She had her best friend there with her, who is pretty much like her cousin, for the baptism and the confirmation. Her name is Angel. She had missionaries come over 2 years ago and they were weird and said stuff that was offensive to her so she didn't want them to come anymore. And this is the cool part, Salena's mom, who is very less active, told her "you just got to get yourself a good set of missionaries like these guys." So we are going to be teaching Angel as we go through the lessons again with Salena.

The lesson with Kim Atkinson went pretty awesome. She is really interested. Her husband wasn't there because he works out in Dougway. She is so prepared. We invited her to be baptized and she said it's a really big decision and she'll have to keep having us come over to see if that's what she should do. That's what Charles Tuigamala said too and their family is getting sealed in April. cheeow pow! And her 10 year old daughter has been reading the Book of Mormon now.

We added a family named the Unrine's, too. They are less active that have been getting active again this year in preparation for their son who's turning 8 March 24 and to be able to baptize their 10 yr old son. So they are going to be baptized March 26.

Tory Sweet is going to be baptized on March 19 because she has family in Tennessee that is coming and her g-pa is going to baptize her, so that's set.

Cameron Wall is going to be baptized March 26.

Elder Aguilar has some converts getting sealed on March 26 that we will go to.

The Munoz family in Rose Park is getting sealed on March 11 and we are going to that.

And this weekend Heavenly Father provided someone for us. Malinda is going to be re-baptized this Saturday because the Bishop decided it is better to be safe than sorry and make sure it gets done since they can't find her records and aren't able to recreate her records another way.

And I don't know if I've told you much about the Mackay's (pronounced Makee's), but she was baptized a couple weeks before I came into this area and his youngest daughter isn't baptized and they want to do everything necessary to be sealed. So next Friday we are teaching her, Saturday baptizing her, and Sunday confirming her. It's going to be pretty amazing.

Also, while I was with Elder Reta on exchanges yesterday, we went by one of their investigators and taught her and her daughter, who has been coming to mutual and church in our English ward. She asked her mom if they were going to be Mormon, and her mom said "If we decide it's what we want and need to do. Why, do you want to be Mormon?" "Yes!" So ya. pretty solid!

I rather miss going to the Temple. I haven't been since the first week I was here in Tooele.

I gtg now
love ya
Elder Partridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment