Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011 Email

Hello people!

Things are great out here in Tooele! Just trying our best to preach the gospel and being led to those who are prepared to receive it! It's amazing! And now that you mention it I did receive some pretty awesome "St. Patrick's Day" package material! We-Elder Aguilar and I-are going to have a fatty Tim Tam slam. Haha a Happy Hanukkah gift card!? haha I got such a crack out of that one! The cashier at Walmart today did too, I think. She looked confused, amused and something else, but it was funny! As far as my business cards go, they're pretty much awesome, not gonna lie. But I realized that I look like a noob in all those pics. If you could get a pic of me smiling without sunglasses on that would be cool. And really it doesn't matter if they are vertical or horizontal, I like them both. Also I thought of something else to put on my card: Facebook info! Facebook's a great way to keep in touch with or find pretty much anyone.

So ya, we've got Cameron Wall coming up this Saturday at 10:00 am at the Stake Center and the Unrein's at 9:00 am at the Stake Center. Then a sealing to go to for one of Elder Aguilar's investigators that was baptized a year ago. It's cool cuz I was able to meet this family once when I was serving with Elder Atchley in Temple Zone. I went on exchanges with Elder Wiel and we stopped by and met them. Cool beans.

The Mackay's daughter Nieca is going to take longer just because she is only over there for every other weekend. But while we are at the Temple on Saturday, the youth plus Bro. and Sis. Mackay are going to be in the baptistery doing baptisms for the dead. So we are going to try to stop down there and see them do baptisms for the dead. It'll be their first time in the Temple.

Tory Sweet was baptized on Sat. at 2:00 pm. It was standing room only in the room. Tons of family came! It was pretty awesome. Her grandfather who she wanted to baptize her drove straight from Tennessee 28 hrs. on the way they got a flat tire and wouldn't have made it, but they had a small miracle and barely made it on time. They just drove straight to the chapel from Tennessee. It was awesome though.

Congrats on the calling to be a ward missionary, Mom. You'll do a great job with helping out with lessons! A great thing you might be able to do is instead of asking if there's anyone you can help with or saying is there anything you can do to help, go up to the Elders and ask them who you can fellowship. Every time we have a lesson with a member I think about what a great help you would be in a lesson, because you wouldn't take over the lesson but you'd be able to have a great testimony to add and invite the spirit.

Sounds like a fun busy week ahead. Have fun with the fam coming up! or I guess down.

Thanks for the other updates! Much appreciated! Especially about conference tickets!

Tons of love back atcha
Elder Partridge

**Guess what? I finally got a cactus garden today! Finally! and Elder Reta had to get one, too! It's funny. I'll send you a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment