Hello all you lovely people,
I must say that I don't really miss the days of home work and extra hours at school and being sleep deprived. Well I still feel sleep deprived, but in a different, better way. I can't wait to have some Creme Brulee when I get back. But guess what I had on Mon. night at the Carlisle's for FHE...Pavlova!!! YUM! I knew L would do well playing her harp for the concert, too! Good for you L for relying on the Lord for help. Especially asking for a blessing!
Thanks for keeping me up to date with all the e-mails. I have a couple packages/envelopes to send home of accumulated stuff. So hopefully soon.
HAHAHA you guys are so funny! I definitely got a package in the form of a tree that just happens to be the type used at Christmas time.
So we just added some solid investigators yesterday. Their names are Bill and Tiffany and they have a 9 month son named Kalil. We talked with them about their goals and desires and they want to be married and baptized and be a family forever. So they just want everything we want people to have. It's sweet. They came to church for the first time on Sunday since they were kids. And I didn't even know about them being there until after church, but I felt for some reason to bear my testimony in that ward. and than we met them and they are ridiculously solid! on date for baptism on Dec. 18.
Sarah is progressing well and we still have a lot of faith that she'll be baptized on Dec. 18 also. She doesn't know for sure because she hasn't recognized the answer, but during Zone meeting on Mon. both E. Wilkinson and I got revelation at the same time of what we need to do to help Sarah recognize her answer.
So this is a normal day in a missionaries life: 6:25 am-wake up, 8:00 am-personal study, 9:00 am-companion study, 10:00 am-go out and work, 12:00 pm-lunch, 5:00 pm-dinner, 9:00 pm-go in for the night (or 9:30 if in a lesson). 10:30 pm go to bed. and everything in between is finding teaching and more.
The suit is pretty nice and is good. The word I would use to describe how I feel while wearing it is...crisp; yes crisp is the word. nothing flashy for sure but great. It fits fantastic.
Romero and Salina are still on pause because she's still out of it from her surgery, and the Wet's are still a work in progress; her son that we are trying to teach always is leaving right as we get there, but the Lord is definitely providing for us.
I'll definitely fulfill that request for your Christmas gift! Thanks! Some of the pics might unfortunately be late for Christmas, because the camera fell when I set it down and the zoom/ lens thing is stuck out, so I'm gonna need to get it fixed before Christmas. The Carlisle's know a place where it can be fixed. Is that ok or do you want me to take a different approach? I never got my cactus garden, but we'll have to see what happens. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with that.
I'm pretty sure everyone is just intimidated by Elder Wilkinson and myself when they see 2 towering men dressed in black at the door.
I love Gary and his family! I will definitely be praying for him and his wife. I'll be excited to see them when I get home. Bummer for Tame that he got hit. Everything's going crazy there at Mt. View! Crazy that 9th grade is going to be there, too.
We went with some investigators to watch the Joseph Smith movie and I actually forgot how crazy things get at Temple Square during the Christmas lights, and ya, I've been there a couple times!
Overall things are going well; just from all the blessings the Lord is pouring out for us. Thanks for everything you all do for me! I'll ttyl guys!
Love,
Elder Partridge
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment