Elder Partridge & Elder Wilkinson
Hi!It's transfer time and everyone's been saying I'm going to Wyoming. Elder Wilkinson even said he had a dream last night that I'm going out to Wyoming, but transfers happened this morning and I'm not in Wyoming. I'm over in Tooele! Apparently it's the "promised land" so I'm psyched! and the Lord has called me to be District Leader here. So this means I'll miss the wedding tonight of Bill and Tiffany, and I won't be able to go to their baptism on Sat. So that's lame to the extreme, but I know the Lord really has plans for me here in the Tooele North Stake! It was kinda annoying having to take down the Christmas tree and take it. Definitely not angering (I think I just made up a new word), but pretty annoying and pestering. Anywho, Bill and Tiffany are so solid and are doing everything they need to. It is the coolest thing to have them be so prepared! I know the Lord has more people like that prepared for us here in Tooele and He will lead us to them and provide if we have Faith in Him. That's something that Elder Wilkinson has helped me with, because he told me I need to show more faith and so last transfer I did all I could to build that faith and it was amazing! So I am expecting big things from the Lord here this next 6 weeks. My comp is Elder Orme. He was serving around me when I was first trained in Rose Park North. He is in at least a few pics on my memory stick I sent home and on a video or two also. Like the one of Elder Rohbock and E. Orme and myself shooting the can off each others head. And IDK what else. So ya I'm excited! It's gonna be a little crazy! We missed the exit to Tooele and had to go all the way out to Grantsville and make the detour. haha I'm excited. I think I've said that a few times! Probably cuz it's true! I'm back living with a member and we have a washer and dryer! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also have a car; one of the new Ford Fusions. And of course, I couldn't leave the tandem behind...it's weird packing after not having to for so long though! It's apparently difficult to find people here in this area, but I feel that the Lord has brought me here to find many people who are ready to receive the restored gospel in their lives and show that they have that desire by entering into the covenant of baptism.
There are a lot of changes happening in the mission and they're pretty exciting. They could be lame if you look at it that way, or hard to adapt to, but I'm excited for the changes the Lord has in store for us in the mission. Very cool! What big changes are happening in your life and with the fam? Any New Years resolutions? Do you have the missionaries in the ward over very much, or do they ever come by much? How's the job search coming, K? How was prom L? Did you kiss him? haha jk. But seriously. I miss those days! School dances, not kissing. ok this is awkward. ha ha ha or I guess in this time of year ho ho ho. We've got the Christmas devotional coming up here on Sat. and Elder Richard G. Hinckley is going to be there. Cool!
So my camera is broken but Elder Orme said he'd fix it. Apparently he's good at tinkering with that stuff, so we'll see. I am horrible with cameras! First I lost it on the Choir tour to San Fran, then I lost it in Austria and was blessed that someone found it, then the internal screen cracked on my first camera on the mission by some ridiculous unknown means and now the shutter, lens zoom thing is broken because it landed on it! aahhhhh... I feel bad! I'll get what pictures I can to you by Christmas hopefully. I love you lots!
Oh, PS, I had a sweet experience at Wal-Mart today here in Tooele! We've been working as a mission on asking people for referrals on P-day even in the check out lines. So I totally struck up a conversation with a sister in our stake in line behind me to check out and I asked her if there was anyone she knew and she acted surprised and kinda didn't know what to say so she just said no. So I asked her to pray and ask Heavenly Father who she knows that could use the gospel and she said she'd do it. But then I should have set up a time to check on that! Darn! But she will see the miracle of the Lord and let us know! Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. My challenge is for everyone reading this to pray and ask Heavenly Father who you know who you want to accept the gospel and then expect an answer and direction from God to lead you to that person!
Love y'all!
Elder Partridge
Elder Partridge
No comments:
Post a Comment