Thursday, October 7, 2010

October 6, 2010 Email



Hey,
Good thing your e-mail is way short because I only have a ridiculously short amount of time to e-mail today due to cleaning at the mission office from 1-3. Crazy! So I'm way excited for Halloween! It's crazy that I was here last year during Halloween and seeing all the changes that have happened in myself and in the mission.
Not too much is new with me in the last couple days. Just trying to stay busy. Conference was pretty legit but you know all about that!
I guess I haven't emailed about what happened on my year mark yet. So my year mark was quite the milestone celebration! We ate dinner with the Carlisle's and had really good burgers, then came the long anticipated tradition of burning the shirt! (I've got pics and a video). It went up surprisingly fast, and it was really hot. After that amazing episode we baked some dough over the fire and put butter and cinnamon sugar on it and made our own cinnamon rolls!
Fred is totally getting baptized this weekend! I'm so stoked! It's gonna be so sweet! We first started teaching him when I first got into the area! Then he wanted to get baptized, but he had to work at the fair so we had to wait, so ya it's finally happening and it's sweet.
That sounds like a totally amazing storm! Was there as much water on Gilbert as the time a couple years ago when we nicknamed Gilbert Road "Gilbert River"? All we get here is the aftermath from the storms down there in AZ, so they're pretty puny most of the time, but the best days in Salt Lake are the overcast days!
Sorry I've got to go already, but we've got Fred's Baptismal interview in half an hour! Talk to you later!
Love you all,
Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment