Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 20, 2010 Email

Good day to you all!

The bike broke down on Saturday. Right after dinner we went over a dip and the gears in the back wheel broke and flew into the spokes and completely demolished it. As soon as I heard it snap I bailed and jumped off. But it got fixed yesterday thanks to the wonderful mission! I guess I need to stop eating so much at dinner. haha jk.

Oh ya! I did get my finger x-rayed last month because it keeps dislocating, but there's not really anything they can do about that. I don't know why I didn't think of that before, but it's happened like 10 times and it hurt really bad so I just wanted to get it checked out. What happened the day I got it x-rayed was we were riding on the sidewalk and there was a huge bump in it (pretty much a curb) from where a tree root had grown under it. So Elder Casey slammed on the brakes and my momentum carried me forward and it popped out of place. Ouch! I'll send the bill from the dentist home, too. Sorry I got a cavity. It doesn't make a lot of sense since I'm brushing way better now than I ever did back home, but oh well. So goes life right.

It is a bummer about Fred, but you're right about making sure he's ready. It's the worst to see someone make such an amazing step in their life and then turn back to the same bad habits. I'll definitely keep you posted on how things are going with others we're teaching. Right now we're going through one of the biggest trials of our faith, and the only reason it's so much different, more than other times, is because there is so much expected and I know a lot more about how things should go in the work. But we're going through this trial with smiles on our faces.

Thanks for letting me know about Nick. Wow. That's sad, but also happy that he went while on his mission-very close to the Lord. I'm so glad we have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and can know where he is and what he'll be doing. I'll make sure to pray for them.

I thought the key chains you sent for my “hump day” were hilarious, and so did my Zone Leader's and Elder Casey. It's probably a good thing they weren't buttons or I would have been tempted to wear them (which is against the rules). Phew...
Ya, it's gonna be kinda weird with Halloween coming up and being in Rose Park again this year for it, too, but it will be sweet.

It's getting colder up here, too, but not cold enough. There are a TON of aphids all over the place because it hasn't frozen yet this year and so they are just everywhere. They get all over our clothes and they're tricky to get off because if you just try to brush them off they smear into your clothes. I've found that flicking is the best solution.

Elder Casey says “you’re welcome” for sewing my buttons on!

We totally ate it on the bike, but I'm ok. My knee just has a small bruise on it the size of a dime that doesn't hurt and I forget it's there until we kneel to pray and I kneel on it and my leg goes out from under me and I screech in pain and pray and up and it feels fine! haha.

Tons of love right back at you!

Love
Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment