Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 12, 2010 Email



He LOVES this stuff!

Six month mark tie burning


Elder Perry and Elder Partridge
(Sorry it's blurry. He liked B's pink tie!)
Not a normal sight in SLC


Elder Partridge and Elder Oaks

B being B

Hey, it's me again!

It was fun and weird to talk to you guys on Mother's Day! Mostly weird because it was just a little chunk out of the day when we talked, and everything else that day was just normal, unlike the Christmas call home where it's not a normal day of doing missionary work! I hoped you'd like the Lion House Cook Book, Mom! There's nothing specific that stood out to me, EVERYTHING looked amazing! So you guys can try some stuff and let me know what your favorite things are! I knew you'd like the pics I sent, too!

I thought it was funny when you answered the phone in Relief Society and didn't recognize my voice! and then it got better when you started crying!

Congrats to Rhett and Mandy on the new baby boy! That's pretty sweet that it's on the same day as Brad's birthday! Sounds like Steve's doing better! I'll keep praying for him! It definitely works!

I can't go swimming (Not like the Great Salt Lake is even tempting to get near). But still! That's pretty legit that K went to the beach in Fiji the day she got there!

Dad sounds like "the man" going to all these different cities for conferences and what not! Have a blast in NY papasito!

PE was fun! L will enjoy that for summer school! Unless her foot gets in the way! But that's good that she'll stay busy!

So about Mike's baptism this weekend; it's a funny story and it's pretty awesome! So I've learned from experience to be very very clear when I give commitments, because Mike thought that we asked him to go and watch a baptism, not be the one getting baptized! So he won't be getting baptized this weekend. But the really cool news is that the only reason why he won't be getting baptized this weekend is b/c it's coming up too quick to invite all the family and set everything up for the program. Besides that, he has a testimony already that the church is true, and is very excited to get baptized! We just want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be and so does he!

Another cool story! We added a girl named Megan yesterday! We went to visit a family and talked to them about who they know that would want to meet with us! (Like we've done with a lot of other families)! But Something cool I just put together is that we did a special lesson when we talked to the family that we had just been trained on that day by our Zone Leaders. The lesson idea came from President Atkinson in the mission presidency! We were promised a blessing for using our trainings the day we receive them and because we were willing to apply it that day, the promise was fulfilled! And we are planning on adding someone tomorrow and Saturday as well! Which is ridiculously phenomenal for this area! The Lord is definitely preparing the hearts of many, blessing the area, and giving an unquenchable fiery attitude of missionary work to the members in the area! It's also incredible to see that as the members show their faith and invite others, they are able to see the miracles also!

The dinner with Elder and Sister Clayton went really well! We just talked about missionary work the whole time as well as the normal questions: Where are you from, how big are your families, etc. The spiritual thought went really well at the end as well! They said we prepared well!

Time is going so so fast! I'm glad I'm doing well here in this area, too, because it is extremely hard! Something interesting I learned about the area last night is that in one ward, there are over 30 returned mission presidents! OVER 30! That's a lot!! Crazy!

I'm excited to hear about Holden and Willie! And it was great to hear about the rest of the guys! I can't believe how long I've been out! I'm not even really considered a young missionary anymore! That's crazy! I still feel newish! Fortunately I don't show many of the rookie habits any more either. But don't get me wrong, there's still a ton that I have to work on!

That's kinda funny that you're running my Facebook a little! ha

Yay St. Joe's Rehab! Fun/not so fun memories there! Good to hear you saw some of my old friends there!

It's a little trippy to hear about all the boys in the ward getting ready for their missions!

"Don't wink at the cute girls! :)" haha you know I can't help it! haha inside joke; kinda. Not really cuz it's my face!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Partridge!

1 comment:

  1. wow! I love that there are pictures with him and the general authorities! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete