What a great Mother's Day I had!!!
We had no idea what time Elder B was going to call. All I knew was that we'd told him when NOT to call because of church. For the first time EVER I took my phone to church with me to get updates on my brother who is in ICU at the hospital. We were in Relief Society and I'd just finished texting my niece about the status of her dad when I received a phone call from an 801 area code. I panicked thinking something had happened to my brother. I pushed the button to answer the phone, then answered when I got into the hall. It was a male voice that I thought may be my nephew, but as we talked for a few more seconds, I realized it was Elder B!!!!!!! I can't believe I didn't recognize his voice...it was lower. I didn't know that was even possible! I didn't scream really loud, but I definitely let out a little squeal! It was almost time for church to end and there were people in the hall, so I held up the phone and they all said hi to B. :) I got a phone number where we could call him back, grabbed L out of R.S., found W in the other foyer, and we headed home to call him back.
We were able to talk to him for quite awhile and heard all about his area. He's really enjoying where he's at, even though it's a lot different from where he spent his first six months. He's meeting many new people and still learning a lot. He and his companion are over 12 different wards! That seems almost impossible to me! He said Sundays aren't bad because they just go from one Sacrament Meeting to the next and go to as many as they can.
He's planning on getting a cactus garden in the next little while so he can have a bit of home with him there. His health is good and he and his companion, Elder Atchley, go running about every-other morning to try and stay in shape. I didn't think it was possible, but he has gained about 10 pounds, which he needed to do.
He's not homesick at all, which I'm grateful for. He loves the area, the people he serves and teaches, and loves serving our Heavenly Father. It was a GREAT Mother's Day present! Only 7 more months until the next phone call!!!
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment