Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Unexpected Surprise

I am the ward mission leader in the Northpoint 3rd Ward in Salt Lake. Your son started his mission in our stake. I have been with him from the beginning and I have certainly been proud of him. You certainly can. I have been with him on many lessons that he has taught. They are spiritual and he does a wonderful job. He is a good missionary. He and his companion, Elder Dyson, get along very well and are a great companionship. I was telling his companion last week, that he doesn’t need a trainer any more. You would think that he was a senior companion. When we do exchanges, companions separating and working with members, some times the new missionary needs a lot of help. Your son never needs help. He is very prepared and bears his testimony with force. His companion is going home next week and we really do not need a real experienced missionary to take his place because your son can lead out and show the way. Your son never complains about anything, instead builds people up and supports them. We are proud of him and the investigators love him. Yesterday in a meeting, the investigator was saying good bye to Elder Dyson and then asking your son to please continue teaching her after Christmas. He is her missionary now. (This is a grown woman)
I am not too sure how much he is enjoying the snow. I was telling him this afternoon as we were going to a lesson to walk with his hands out of his pockets in case he steps on ice and slips. Other missionaries, when they see their car parked, always pile snow on the windshield if there is not snow on it already. Your son is very good at cleaning snow off of windshields. This is a joke with the missionaries. Your son takes everything very good natured. He is enjoyable to be around. He is always prepared, organized and spiritual. We enjoy having him here. Thank you for sending him to us. We will take care of him.

PS: The joking around happens to all missionaries. They are all very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment