Dear Friends and Family! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Not a whole lot has happened this past week so there isn't a lot to write about! The snow has turned into ice and it's very fun! NOT!!!!! However, there is quite a funny story about my companion and I slipping on ice! last week HE slipped and fell and I didn't so he was like "what the heck! I thought you were the one with bad balance!" (b/c of my surgery and what not). so the rest of the day he was constantly trying to get me to fall by "tripping" me! However, despite his best efforts, I never fell; but in the process of trying to trip me, he slipped and fell twice! haha a couple days later, we switched roles and guess what happened? He never fell but I fell twice! haha I guess what goes around comes around!
Anyway, I know how to say awkward in sign language now b/c almost everything that comes out of my mouth when I start a conversation with someone is really really awkward! It's very frustrating yet at the same time hillarious! So after we contact people, most of the time, we walk away and do the awkward sign! If you'd like to know more about how to say awkward in sign language, please contact your local deaf person! or write me!
Note to family: There's a shortcut we take to get to the other side of our area, and in order to get there we have to go over the Jordan River on a bridge. So guess what game I taught to Elder Dyson the first time we went that way? Pooh sticks! and now we play it every time we take that path! and guess who always wins!?! Not me! haha it definitely reminds me of the cabin!
Oh, BTW, a new rule is out from Pres Sonne that I am only to email family so friends will have to mail their letters to me! either hand written, or typed and printed out and mailed! it kinda stinks but rules are rules and they're there for a reason!
This week I talked to my very first drunk person! yay! He was acting very very wierd and I didn't understand why until we walked away and my comp asked me if I noticed anything unusual about that man! I said it was obvious that he was acting unusual, but being the innocent person I am from growing up in my Mesa, Mountain View bubble, I'd never encountered anyone who was very very drunk before! So Elder Dyson told me and everything suddenly made sense!
We're having a baptism this Saturday at 7:00 pm at the Rose Park North Stake Center on 12th and 12th in the South east font room! We've been teaching a boy named Julio who is 11 years old and he's getting baptized with his little sister who's 8! We found him by checking our list of children who haven't been baptized and his mom thought he'd been baptized! they're an active family who have been coming to church regularly for the past 6 months! so we basically just set up his baptism the first time we stopped by. We've been teaching him for the past 2 weeks and he has asked if I can baptize him! Heck yes I can! So I'm really really pumped if you couldn't tell! It's a big deal! Not just kinda a big deal! It is a really big deal! I'm soooooooo excited for Saturday! He's a way smart kid and he's got a pretty cool Mohawk, but he can totally get away with that look! I would never be able to get away with a Mohawk! Just remember, the church is true! everyone have a very Merry Christmas and remember why we celebrate this wonderful holiday!
Love Elder Partridge!
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment