Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10 Email!

Hi everybody! The snow is here in Salt Lake, and this time it's going to stay! I got my first experience snow shoveling on my mission this week and all I have to show for it is a blister on my hand! yay! There were a ton of really cool experiences this week but I'm just gonna share one! One of the things we need to do each day is "hard commit." so we'd gone the whole day w/out hard commiting anyone and I was trying to think of how we were going to accomplish this! So we looked at our plans and we had written down to go by one of the bishops in the stake. So we walked to his house to fill him in on what was goinig on in his ward (b/c he had been out of town the last 3 weeks). So we got there and let him know about everything and then we thought of something. He's really good friends with one of our investigators mother! and every time we set a date for him to be baptized, she has something going on that won't allow the baptism to go through! So when we were with the bishop, we asked him if he'd be able to help us out by asking them if Dec. 19 would work for a baptism! So he called them right then and hard committed them for Dec. 19 and they accepted! So not only were we able to fulfill our requirement to hard commit somone that night, but we also realized that we had received direct revelation to go to his house and ask him if he could help us by commiting them. I know that nothing happens by coincidence, but everything happens for one reason or another, even when we don't know what that reason is! Thanks for everything you all do for me! I love you all and appreciate you!
Love Elder Partridge

*Yesterday was Zone Conference, so he didn't get to email. Glad he's not sick! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting these up! They are really a lot of fun to read. -Austin Hale

    ReplyDelete