Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 19, 2011 Email

Hi,

It is way beautiful up here right now! The leaves are starting to turn colors and the weather is pretty perfect; just a little on the chilly side. That's the only thing I'm anxious about...will I be done before the frost hits. Here's hoping!

I am going by the M Family's tonight to get the camera charger and I'll charge it tonight. I hope it works. I realized how disappointed you'd be in me, mom, for not taking pictures. I will take tons just for you, and try not to look like a tourist at the same time. Wish me luck.

We had a lesson with the V Family on Tuesday and I wasn't there for it because of the leadership meeting in Salt Lake. Elder R is still working on how to explain things so I think what happened was that they want the girls' mom and that side of the family involved with the baptism. So we're gonna set the program and everything up tomorrow. Still no specific date for them to be baptized, but hopefully we can pinpoint a day when we meet with them tomorrow. It was kinda cool though because Elder R was with Elder G all day that day and they were companions in the MTC. So there were 2 greenies taking care of things. It made me think back to my MTC days, what if I served with Elder G...we'd either have too much fun or get everything done. Probably the second, but we'd have a blast doing it all anyway.

We have a lesson with the K Family tomorrow because I neglected to set up a time last week when we talked to them. But they said they wanted us to help them get baptized fast, so we'll get it done.

We met with Sis. L on Friday (the person Bro. C referred us to) and it went really well. We spent a lot of time talking about how she has felt comfort in her life from the teachings of Jesus Christ at different times in her life. And Bro. C shared some from his life, too. It was a pretty great lesson and she is very open.

Ya, when was my surgery? the 23rd or...? I can't even remember. *(It's been 3 years on the 25th! Hard to believe!)

I don't even know what would be best for housing and all that. Helaman would be nice I guess IDK? I'd like to room with one of the boys or something, but that would be hard to drive from Puerto Rico or Peru every day to school. But if I could drive...haha jk.

Ya, Sister Hunt gave me a nice big handshake from you! We have a great office staff.

I'm not planning on burning a suit, but IDK. By the way, my black suit is pretty tattered and worn. We'll figure that kinda stuff out later.

Dang it! I would have gone with Dad to the BYU game, even though they did get slapped around. 3 weeks.

So we'll get back about a day or two after the Riggs' do. That'll be fun.

Ahhh...Homecoming! So cute! I do remember L's date. I'm pretty sure he came over to E's one time when we were chillin.

I'll be praying for L. Sounds like she's got a lot on her plate. I remember when I was going to be the show and tell that one time, but than I went on a mission. Cool!

We are seeing many miracles from the Lord right now, we just need to continue to show our faith and love for those who are seeking for truth and we will be blessed! I love you all and will see you soon. Too soon!

Love
Elder Partridge.

**Elder Partridge's release date is October 6. He will be home late on the 9th and his homecoming talk will be October 16. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment