Hey, What's up?
So yes Mom, I did know that Mother's Day is coming up and I could tell you're a little excited, ya. Just a little though. I think it would be sweet if we did Skype. Just sayin.
haha "What's poppin' with me?" haha oh Mom...Well, quite a bit as a matter of fact. First of all, Jodi Lund was baptized and confirmed this weekend! Holla! They are such a funny family. Don't worry, I'll send pictures.
Also, we found a new person to teach named Joey, or rather he found us. We were up hiking to the T on the mountain for lunch (that's another story) when we got a phone call from a lady at the employment center telling us Joey's info and that he wanted missionaries to come by. He just recently got out of jail, but while in jail learned about and gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon from his roommate who is LDS. He wants to be baptized and totally change his life around. Very humble (aka teachable) and wants to follow Christ the best that he can.
So I'm sure you're wondering about the hike to the T on the mountain. Maybe you weren't, but you are now. So this last Wednesday we did service for the Wall's (Cameron was just baptized a couple weeks ago), and so we were already in the right clothes. (Btw it felt great to be out doing yard work. No more snow). So we ended right before lunch time and we thought, let's hike the T. Ok. I immediately regret my decision. Not because the hike was hard, because it was actually quite easy, at least for me. Elder Aguilar being from Florida, still hasn't acclimated to the elevation-apparently. But ya it turned out to be quite anti-climactic; at the very end (the last 20-30 yards) it gets pretty steep, treacherous if you will,and we got up to the T and it was lame. I was expecting it would be like the Y in Provo-made of cement and what not, but you know what it is: it's a darn chain link fence laying down in the shape of a T with a white tarp over it! LAME!!!
Oh, and it's Elder Morris (Zone Leader out here) birthday TODAY. So last week on Friday he had some Brisket, pork loin and BBQ sauce overnighted from Texas to here. It was some good stuff. It reminded me of Shiflet's brisket, only I think Shiflet's is better.
No transfer news till tomorrow. Sorrow.
When did L go out to Tooele? And why? There's not much out here. Don't get me wrong, I love Tooele-missionary work is the bomb.com out here. It's one of my favorite 4 areas of my mission. But ya.
So I'm not all that strong, but I surprised myself this morning. We were at the Zone Leaders and they have a weight bench, and I benched 135 lbs. That's a lot for me! I shocked myself. I'm so strong. JK that's not really that much, but I felt cool.
That was random.
It's raining again. In one way or another, the snow and rain have ruined every P-day activity this transfer. It gets fine for the rest of the week, but it's always been bad weather on Mondays. We were gonna go golfing, but not anymore. It's gonna be just like in Bonneville; we were gonna go golfing there, but never got to it and then the week after I get transferred they went. Lame, but it's ok. I think I'll live.
Love,
Elder Partridge
P.S. I guess Dayne is going to...Africa. maybe
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment