What's poppin!
I'm doing great. Transfers are next Wednesday and I have no idea what's going to happen. Last transfer I called everything for everyone in the whole zone. Even for the missionaries I'd never met out in Wendover. But this transfer is up in the air as to what's going to happen. I would love to stay here! This is such a great area. I'd also love to stay with Elder Aguilar! I love him! We are crankin things out here! If I do get transferred it will be good too though. "Whatever happens...The Lord is in it." Joseph Smith Movie.
So sorry if I'm not giving enough information in my emails about everyone we're teaching. So Sarah and Sara. Sarah Jackson is 9 years old and we just baptized her last weekend. Her family was less active and she hadn't been baptized. We first met them out in their huge back yard, where the deer and the antelope play. Sarah was so shy, she wouldn't even look at us and was hiding behind her mom the whole time. We helped them round up their horses for riding club last week. Very fun family. You'll have to meet them some time.
Sara Cassel was also baptized last weekend. She was being taught since before I came into the area. She has overcome some pretty huge things in her life to finally make it to this point. I am so happy everything went through and worked out. She's the one who quit smoking after 19 years straight of smoking. She just dropped it like it was nothing.
Pupusas are from El Salvador which translates to the Savior; so they are literally the food of the Gods. I really can't describe them. But for your sakes I'll try. Imagine a jelly filled doughnut. ok, got it? Now make it flatter/thinner and change the dough to tortilla. About the size of a saucer (Not a flying saucer, the small plate). Are you still with me? Ok, now instead of jelly, you put pork or beef or chicken or beans, or whatever inside. It's amazing. You should try some. Do Arzagas ever make them. Maybe not since it's an El Salvadorean thing, but they are delish!
When we were down there in Salt Lake for conference, we stayed with Elders Hoffman from Florida and Frietas from Brazil. You probably don't know them b/c I've never served around or talked about any of them. But they live not even a block away from Fat Cats bowling alley.
I get to go on exchanges with the Spanish Elders for Kayla's birthday. If she's turning 23, that means I'll be turning 21 in 4 1/2 months! Craziness!
We have a baptism this weekend of Jodi Lund. About 3 weeks ago we had that big leadership meeting and got the promise from Pres. Winn that we will put some one on date that night. And Jodi is the one that we put on date. She is so solid! She pretty much goes through every principle of Preach My Gospel one step ahead of us and teaches herself. We taught her last week using the tea bag and I wish I would have video taped her face as the flame almost got to her hand. It was hilarious.
So mom, do you ever go to the correlation meetings with the missionaries with Bro. Brian? If not, you should check into it. It's pretty great for us to tell ward missionaries directly what they can help us with.
We met with Cheyenne Curly and her mom and her 2 best friends last night, and she's going to be baptized on April 30. We are going to put Emily Johnson on date for the same day when we teach her tomorrow.
Ooo! and on Saturday morning we went to the Aquatic Center and went swimming. jk. We went to the Aquatic Center and ate pancakes that Bishop Dalton was making. His wife and kids are way into water polo and they were having a 24 hour tournament that they invited us to. So we got there in the morning and a little girl ran a note to us saying that Bishop was cooking out back. Then we got a private escort from a coach through the pool grounds to go eat. Then Sister Dalton talked us through what was going on as we watched. I've never wanted to go swimming so bad in the last 18 months! Elder Aguilar agreed, of course, being form Florida. He said he wanted some one to just push him in. Sister Dalton said she could set that up. haha The funniest part is she was pretty much serious.
We are going to lunch in Grantsville. There is a Mexican restaurant that has food similar to places in Mesa. Still not the same, but it's close enough for me.
Anywho, those were some awesome adventures this week. Others include a trip to Rush Valley, Dumpster Diving, etc. you know, the usual.
Love you,
Elder Partridge
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment