Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11 Email

Hey guys!
We had Zone Conference yesterday, so that's why I'm a day late. The weather's not too bad right now. Only down into the single digits! I'm doing a lot better than last year. Still frozen, but it's not affecting me as much.
Emerald's baptism was amazing! There were over 60 people there! E. Orme and I were witnesses for it! She definitely went under the water all the way! There was a musical number and the whole shebang! And even though we had dinner right after, they made us eat food at the after party.
24 hour splits went good! I was really able to help the elder I was with improve. Now we just have to focus on the driving! I do a 24 hour exchange with each companion once a transfer! It is great being a DL. I'm learning a ton, from both the elders and sisters in my district and from the Zone Leaders as they help me!
Ya, I can't believe that it's already time for Dayne to work on his papers! I definitely want to see him at conference in April since it will be so long until I see him again!
So, tons of miracles have happened this last week! We met with Audrey and her kids (Jr., Becca, Delilah, and Giovanni) and Becca and Delilah want to get baptized bad! They are so excited! So they're getting baptized this weekend! It's so cool to see the whole family come to church and incorporate the gospel in their lives and immediately see the blessings come from it!
We also taught the Gierron family! We're teaching Christian who is 9 and is going to have his cousin baptize him on Feb. 5. His dad is not a member but has taken the lessons 2-3 times and felt pushed. But Sis. Gierron was less-active and is coming to church every week now with Christian and her daughter!
Also, we were walking down the street the other day and a lady stopped us and asked us to teach her nephew who has been going to church with her every week! So we went by and he's getting baptized on Jan 29. The Lord is blessing us so much! It's amazing. And I know there's so much more in store for us! It impresses me how amazing the members are here in helping us in all aspects of the work!
Sorry I can't say more, I need to go. Elder Orme has a doctors appointment.
Love you all,
Elder Partridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment