Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28, 2010 Email

HI mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and everyone else!)
Ya, I'm not the biggest fan of the stim shocking therapy experience, so we'll see what I want to do when I get home to see how my nerves are doing. I thought about possibly getting a balance board to do in the mornings along with the face exercises. What do you think?
That was nice of Denise to let you go early. I'm glad to hear you were safe! The parade sounded great like always! Too bad it was only Provo Mission missionaries in the Spanish Fork parade though. That's funny they got the most applause, because I'm pretty sure we did too, (besides Pres. Uchtdorf). So during the parade we were assigned to a specific block to actually proselyte and do missionary work and there were missionaries stretching the whole length of the parade route. So we were at the very beginning where everything first comes out and where the TV crew is and everything. When the parade ended I said, "let's go be in the parade." So Elder Jackson, Elder Thomas and I went behind the marines driving at the end of the parade, and with just the three of us we got probably the most applause out of anything/anyone. I felt sooooooooo cool! plus we got on TV! So you should see if anyone taped it or saved it on teevo (however you spell it). And you'll see just 3 of us at the end of the parade after the Liahona Polynesian band. But gets better; as we go farther down the parade we pass by other missionary's areas that they're assigned to and they jump in. So it went from just 3 of us starting it to about 125 or so missionaries by the end. And about 4-5 times we sang "Called to Serve" SLC Mission style! It was sweet. I got a couple videos. So I'm glad you weren't there to go and run out and walk with us! haha That would have been awkward.
I bet the family party was good like always. hahaha That's funny what Uncle Howie said about his new golf clubs not working and taking them back! What kind did he get. Elder Hunt says that Calaway clubs are the best, and Taylor Made comes in a close second. And Elder Hunt is LEGIT! It's funny because when we got home from the parade at 1:00 I was thinking about how you were probably at the family party.
I was home by 9:00pm on the 24th, so no fireworks for me; still way too bright outside. I bet it's cool to see Gma and Gpa's. I think it's pretty sweet that Brad's going to live there. I miss playing cards with the fam! Pretty fun stuff. Glad to hear you got back safe.
I can see how Kayla would be a little excited to come home after dealing with all that she has while in Fiji. It's still a sweet experience. Thankfully my living conditions aren't that bad! haha Good to hear L is doing good, too. Wisdom teeth, huh? fun fun stuff. Sorry I won't be home to laugh at the things she says while on pain meds…I mean help her feel better. :) I just hope she doesn't react to pain medication like I did and start hallucinating. Summer's just flown right by! It's pretty crazy. But then again so did the school year! All this time is just flying by!
I got the envelope of letters. Thanks. I do think it's interesting how similar Holden's experiences and mine are. I read Eric's Farewell talk; Awesome!
We just added 2 people on Monday and are going to be teaching them on Friday. They're both way awesome! Especially one of the Ladies named Rochelle. She has a hilarious little 4 yr. old boy that just loves missionaries. Rochelle has been coming to church since May, but just recently has been coming to our ward. We spoke in that ward on Sunday and when we contacted Rochelle the next day she just cracked the door open and started talking to us and after a few seconds recognized us as the Elders that spoke at church the day before! She flung the door wide open and got the biggest smile on her face. I'm excited to teach her. Plus she gave us some greens to take home that she'd just made, because E. Jackson told her how much he liked them.
Rose Park isn't Ghetto or very rough at all. Granted it's one of the "Roughest" areas in Salt Lake, but it's really not bad, especially for a missionary. I'm not worried at all no matter where I end up, because as long as I'm not doing stupid stuff it's a slim to none chance of anyone even messing with me. We don't get to cover a Polynesian ward here. But we do still have some Polynesian people that attend the English wards we cover. Dinner appointments are good. We get fed almost every day!
I miss the monsoon, but we had a decent thunder/lightning storm last night. There was one really good clump of large purple lightning bolts that flashed at the same time, but still nothing like I'm used to during the monsoon.
Disneyworld sounded "fun," especially Harry Potter's wand shop. I'd ask, but you told me not to so I won't. haha Glad I didn't miss too much, but glad you had fun still. I agree that Cali is way better to go to for Disneyland.
DAD'S GETTING FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW! What a shocker!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TONS!
Elder B

***If ANYONE taped the SLC Days of 47 Parade with the missionaries on it, PLEASE let me know!!!! Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment