Friday, April 9, 2010

TRANSFERRED!

Right before he left Rose Park.




Transfers have come! I'm in the Bonneville and Monument Park North Stakes! They are way hard! My companion (Elder Atchley) put it perfect when he described it as working as hard as you can to get that little bit out of a tube of toothpaste and you only will end up getting a little out! but I know there's more in there than we think! Elder Atchley is from Texas! He was born and raised in Oklahoma though! He has a sister that is going to ASU right now! Both his parents are converts to the church and have great stories about how it happened!

The Hogle Zoo and "This is the Place" Monument are in my area! and just outside my area is East High! (Where High School Musical was filmed!). BTW, I'm in Temple Zone which covers Sugarhouse where Scott and Bri live! I don't cover their stake but it's in my zone!

It was hard to leave "my hood" in Rose Park, but I'm excited to be over here! The fault line is also in my area! I'll be sure to take pics!

I left my apartment in Rose Park last night and this morning I woke up and showered then realized I had left ALL my underwear in my last apartment. Then as I was getting ready for the day it just kept getting better! I also forgot ALL my white shirts, and my razor! all of which are pretty dang important! So I'll be getting those later today! hahaha I'm going off of Elder Wirthlin's talk! Instead of getting frustrated or angry, I just laugh! haha Laughter is going to be an important key in this new area because it could probably overwhelm you and discourage you if you let it! Thank goodness I have an amazing companion that laughs with me at experiences with people that don't like us, because there are a lot of them here!

That was soooo fun to see Kayla at General Conference! I also saw Brooke LeBaron, Austin Owens, Steven Hancock, Bishop Riggs and Sister Riggs, and others! Bishop Riggs almost tackled me into the reflection pool! haha! Crazy cool! It made me a little trunky to see some people, but I was over it the very next day!

Sorry to everyone if I don't write back as quick as normal. Actually moving somewhere for transfers has made me extra busy!

Love you all!
Elder Partridge!

PS All you people in Mesa! I'm in the same zone as
Elder Wiel! "Goodeal Baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment