**I had heard that other missionaries had trouble with emails sent on the 7th, so I asked him about it and received this today, 2/24/11. Fun letter! Glad we finally got it!.
Hello everyone!
So yes, as you heard, we went on a trip to Rose Park this weekend to see a family Elder Aguilar taught last transfer get baptized. Then it was off to find a dinner. And where would I always go for food whenever dinner cancelled...Carlisle's. That was cool. And I also took the time to get Charles Tuigamala's phone number seeing as he will be going through the Temple next month most likely. Has it really been that long? Apparently.
I am doing well. Health is great. Elder Aguilar catches me when I fall. Literally. Nothing too new in Tooele. We had Stake Conference and it was awesome. The goal for the stake last year was to read through the Book of Mormon that year. And this year they're taking that to the next level...Giving one out! So we are stoked! President Atkinson of the Mission Presidency came and spoke in the adult session and had Elder Aguilar and myself stand and he introduced us as the cork and the bottle. (I wonder which one's the cork and which one's the bottle)?
I refuse to believe it! It's impossible! The ficus trees can't freeze! (At least not entirely). Bummer to hear it's so cold! I hope it warms up for you, and for me. Right now it is pretty nice, not gonna lie. 45 degrees on a sunny CLEAR day. I'm so glad when inversion leaves!
Christian is most definitely getting baptized next week! He is so solid. We last taught him about the Holy Ghost, and he had to build his own sundae using different ingredients-BLINDFOLDED!!! Elder Aguilar was the Holy Ghost and I was the "voices in the world that compete for our attention." He barely made it through. I thought I had him for a second though when he grabbed the pepper instead of the sprinkles.
I knew it! I thought once yesterday, "I bet they're having the super bowl party right now...well, off to teach more people." Tell aunt/cousin Allie not to beat herself up about it the year before I left. I can't wait for the next one though.
We contacted the Stewart's and they're a pretty nice family, and welcoming, but we'll have to see how it goes; the kids have autism and the eldest has epilepsy as well.
Ya, Elder Aguilar is the one who plays football. And yes, I got a car. I know, it sounded too good to be true to me too.
Wow! Sounds like you had quite the event for the YW thingy. I'm actually impressed! Not hard to do I know, but still.
I would strongly recommend for next year that L take English 101 and/or 102 if she hasn't gotten credit for college with AP stuff yet, but I did enjoy Critical Thinking and Writing. I loved AP Music Theory! I think that may have been because I did it with Caleb Allred and Christiaan Schmid and Camille Snyder, but it's a great class. Very enlightening. But yes, if you're not planning on going into music then it won't help much with your career.
Lucky! L gets voice lessons from Jenee Prince.
Good for Kayla and her job! Cool. Fun date, haha. I love being last minute date call.
I love you all so much! Te Amo! That means I love you.
Elder Partridge.
September 6, 2013 - Down on the Farm
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment