Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17, 2010 Email

Hello all my favorite people,
That's cool about the new guide the church put out! Oh and there's a special stake meeting coming up this Sunday and Elder Hales is going to be there!
Ya I know what it's like having to make stuff up at school! Sorry Lauren! I hope you feel better soon! Have a great time at the dance too! Good luck in the interview Kayla! unless you already had it! then I'm sure you did great. (Elder Wilkinson says hi to everyone.)
That is so cool about Rene' and his mom! I am excited for them to be baptized. That will be such a great blessing for them!
Congrats to Will Shupe! Cool beans! :)
Real quick about the week; since we've been talking with EVERYONE and getting referrals and doing everything and still not seeing success we were in the middle of proselyting and I stopped and said ok we need to figure out some thing we're doing wrong or some thing we're not doing right now and change it because there's something we need to do to see success. So we came to the consensus that we need to do better at exercising in the mornings like we are supposed to. So the next day we started doing better at that and later in the day we started tracting- the dreaded activity-and the first door we knocked on was a part-member family named the Wet's. So we talked with Sister Wet and she wants to get back to church and she has two sons. I have no idea how to spell her six-year-olds name, but she has a ten-year-old named Chaney that wants to get baptized and meet with us! So pretty sure that's a direct correlation of sacrifice, obedience, and blessing. We're gonna put him on date for baptism when we teach him tomorrow. Then just yesterday the sisters handed an investigator over to us because he is going to get his baby blessed in the English Ward and his wife doesn't understand Spanish. It's really cool because when they very first started teaching him (Romero) I went over and gave his wife a blessing before she got induced. So we already know them. He is on date for baptism for Dec. 4! The Lord is pouring out blessings upon us already. I was bummed though because right when we were seeing the apex of blessings, Elder Wilkinson got way sick. He has the "double dragon!" Anywho, we feel also that Sarah is really close to baptism, but we are silly and haven't invited her to be baptized since like 3-4 weeks ago and a ton has changed since then. Have an amazing time living life and look for the blessings the Lord gives. And if you can't see them, align your will with His and He will pour out blessings upon you! I love being a missionary in the Lord's vineyard! It's never really easy, but it's the most rewarding when the Lord gives us the opportunity to teach someone who is prepared for baptism! I love you all so much, especially the fam! Thanks for your shining examples, love and prayers!
Love,
Elder Partridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment